At Darla K. Snead, P.L., we take on a wide range of family law cases, including:
- Divorce – Many of the cases we take on are divorce cases. Rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach to divorce, we understand that every couple is different. Some divorces call for an aggressive approach that protects our clients from dangerous or untrustworthy ex-partners, while other divorces involve amiable ex-partners who simply want to end their marriage with minimal pain and move on. No matter what type of divorce you are facing, we will work in your best interests.
- Timesharing – If you have minor children, timesharing is likely a major concern of yours. At Darla K. Snead, P.L. we know the multiple factors that go into timesharing schedules and how the court determines what is in the best interests of the child. Keeping in mind your obligations, your ex-partner’s other obligations, and what you want for your children, we will help create a timesharing plan that meets your needs.
- Parenting plans – A timesharing schedule is part of a parenting plan, and we can help you create a comprehensive parenting plan that allows you and your ex-partner to transition smoothly into a co-parenting routine. Exes who co-parent in a meaningful and productive way create security for their children, and we believe that a clear and thorough parenting plan is a big part in creating that co-parenting relationship.
- Child support – Whether you are seeking an initial child support order or you need an order adjusted due to a change in circumstances or income, having the right legal counsel can help you avoid missteps and errors that delay needed changes. We’re here to help you get or modify a child support order.
- Paternity – Our firm represents people on all sides of paternity claims. Maybe you’re a mother trying to establish paternity so you can get child support, or maybe you’re a father trying to get rights to see his child. Establishing paternity can be done in multiple ways, and we will help you take the path that is right for you.
We know that handling family law issues can be stressful, especially when you’re still trying to parent, work, and handle daily life. We are committed to being a valuable resource for you every step of the way.
Our Personal Injury Services
Oftentimes, a divorce or family law client will need an attorney to deal with an auto accident injury or personal injury case. Darla K. Snead, P.L. strives to have a full-service law firm to address all types of family issues.
Many people injured in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, semi-truck accidents, or animal attacks are astounded at how difficult it is to get the compensation they deserve. People often believe the myth that insurance companies have their best interests in mind, so they expect a quick and fair payout when they are injured by someone else’s negligence.
Unfortunately, many people do not get the fair treatment they deserve until they reach out to a personal injury attorney. We are located in Lakeland, Florida, but can fight for your rights anywhere in the State. Until insurance companies know you are willing to take them to court to get a fair payout, many of them are content offering minimal settlements that won’t even begin to cover your medical bills. We fight fiercely to help recover money for victims of these types of accidents:
- Car accidents – Auto accidents are a major cause of serious injuries and fatalities in the United States. Car insurance companies are very good at boosting their profit margins by not paying fair settlements, to the detriment of victims like you. We will handle the negotiations so you can focus on healing.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are often victimized twice in an accident: first, when they get hit by a driver, and second, when the insurance adjuster treats them poorly because of their preconceptions about motorcyclists. We know how motorcyclists are often treated after an accident, which is why we fight so hard to help them get compensation.
- Semi-truck accidents – A mistake in judgment, poorly loaded truck, or unsafe truck part can leave fatalities and severe injuries in its wake. Compared to car and motorcycle accidents, semi-truck accidents are very likely to cause fatalities or severe injuries. Furthermore, victims often have to fight multiple insurance companies, investigators, and company representatives to even have a chance at seeking compensation. You can count on us to represent your best interests after a truck accident.
- Animal attacks – Dog bites can cause infection, lost limbs, disfiguration, and mental trauma. Many people don’t even know they can seek compensation for a dog bite. If someone else’s inability to control their pet has caused you harm, you can trust us to fight for the money you deserve.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one unexpectedly is one of the most painful experiences you may ever have in life, and sudden financial stress caused by funeral planning, lost wages, and medical bills can make your grief even worse. If you have lost a loved one because of another person’s negligence, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation. We’ll help you figure out your next step.
If someone else’s action, inaction, or negligence is directly responsible for injuries you have suffered, it is unjust that you should end up paying for their negligence on your own. The team at Darla K. Snead, P.L. will fight on your behalf to help you get compensation for your losses.